Tuesday 1 November 2016

Today's Savings

Hello Readers

So today I have spent some money (gasps in shock horror) lol. Have you ever heard the saying you have to speculate to accumulate lol. The majority of these items were needs not wants. I was just lucky enough to find it all so cheap today :)



My local co-op has just been bought by Lidl and will be closing down shortly. As a result they are selling off a lot of stock cheaply. I decided to pop in as I was close by and have a look. This 24cm saucepan should have been £6 I paid £3.




My boys like things hot and spicy so when I saw this Heinz peri peri hot and zingy sauce reduced from £1.79 to 61p I grabbed 2 bottles.


This family sized classic Pyrex dish was reduced from £9.99 to £3.25. Perfect for homemade lasagna or pasta bake. The best bit it has a 10 year guarantee on it.



After co-op I popped to Morrison's as I wanted to pick up my #30DayFestiveFoodBank item and I had a couple of coupons I wanted to use. This will go in the box to be donated to the local food bank at the end of November. Cost 30p



I had a couple of coupons through from Morrison's in the post one was for 50p off ANY cat food. I usually pay £2.15 for this but with my coupon it cost me just £1.65.


I also had a coupon for 55p off ANY bag of sweets (excluding chocolate). These are currently on offer in Morrison's for £1 instead of £1.54 and it is a very big bag. I paid 45p for these instead of the usual £1.54 and they will be put away for our next cinema trip.



I always like to have a look on the Facebook selling sites. You never know what bargains you might find or how cheap you might find something. I got youngest son this Xmas jumper to put away as an extra Xmas present. Cost £2



Now that the colder weather is setting in youngest son really needed a few more jumpers. These are one size to big so will do him both this winter and next winter.
Cost £1 



Cost £1


Cost £1


During the warmer months the boys sleep in shorts and t shirts or if its very hot just their pants. Youngest son really did need some warmer pj's so when I saw a few pairs for sale I snapped them up. Cost £1


Perfect for that inevitable Xmas jumper competition they will have at school and from Next. 
Cost £1


More pj's £1


Youngest son loves star wars so for 50p this was a bargain


Who doesn't like Yoda lol 
Cost 50p


And one more pair of pj's
Cost £1


I had to pop out this evening to collect the clothing items I had bought from the selling pages so I decided to pop in to Morrison's as it was just around the corner and see if they had any yellow stickers going. It was 6pm and the store wasn't very busy at all and I did rather well again I got the following .....

3 Bottles of Best apple juice
5 Lots of Yeo Valley Yogurts (4 packs have gone in the freezer)
1 Kids cheese and tomato pasta meal
1 Best steak stroganoff meal
1 Rogan josh and rice meal
1 King prawn and rice meal
1 Chicken in black bean sauce meal
1 Biryani and rice meal
1 Box of Kipling Victoria slices
2 Boxes of Kipling Almond slices
2 Boxes of Kipling chocolate and coconut slices
2 Packs of bite sized pork pies (1 pack has gone in the freezer)
3 Packs of all butter croissants (2 packs have gone in the freezer)
24 Free range eggs

Total cost £1.35  :)






So as I say I have spent some money today but when you consider the amount of items I have got I don't think I have done to badly at all.

Today's Total Spend £21.22

Until Next Time
Much Love
Maria xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment