Monday 31 October 2016

#30DayFestiveFoodBank



Hello Readers

I don't have a lot of spare money knocking around not much at all in fact. This said I am pretty sure I can find 50p a day for the next 30 days to buy a value food item. I have donated to the local food bank on a number of occasions and almost had to call upon them for help myself a few times. I was lucky when things got really tough and I found myself in that situation I had friends or family who were able to help me out. Whether that was having us over for tea a few times that week or giving me a tenner so I could get enough of the basics to keep us going until my next payday. Some people are not as lucky as me and do not have the wonderful support network that I have. When a crisis hits these families they go hungry and in this day and age no one should have to go hungry especially at Xmas. That is why I have decided to take part in the #30DayFestiveFoodBank challenge in November. I learnt about it over at frugal queens blog and felt I simply had to join in.

The challenge is as follows..... for each of the 30 days of November find or buy something to donate to your local food bank. Most local food banks will have a list of items that are needed if you are not sure of what to donate. At the end of November take all the items you have bought or gathered together to your local food bank to be distributed in time for Xmas. It couldn't be simpiler.

Until Next Time
Much Love
Maria xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment