Saturday 5 November 2016

Treating Ailments At Home

Hello Readers

I woke up this morning with one side of my jaw locked in place. Its bloody agony. There is a centimeter gap between my top set of teeth and bottom set of teeth and I can not open it any wider or close it firmly shut. I cant talk, eat, and can only just drink, all be it very painfully. I have lived on banana milk and chicken soup through a straw all day. I have never had this before. I have had stiffness of the jaw but it has never completely locked on me and I really don't like it. A lot of people would have been straight up the doctors but I don't do doctors. Don't get me wrong I don't have a fear of them or anything like that. I just think if its something I can take care of myself at home then why take a doctors appointment up that someone else may really need. We rarely go to the doctors instead I have a well stocked medicine cabinet capable of taking care of most minor ailments. For coughs, colds, tummy bugs, and headaches doctor Maria prescribes paracetamol, ibuprofen, bed rest, and a healthy dose of TLC. Most ailments I will attempt to deal with at home myself before heading straight to the doctors. That said I do have a rule that if any of us are obviously in unbearable pain or if the problem has not alleviated within 3 days then we give in and pay the GP a visit. 99% of the time though it does not come to this and the problem is easily cured at home. I have been taking painkillers all day so am hoping by the morning it will have loosened off a bit and I can talk and eat solids again.

Despite being in pain I have pushed through and got on with my plan for the weekend. The house has been cleaned, the animals have been cleaned, I have seen to the paperwork, done a stock take and meal plan for next week, and I have done 3 loads of washing all drying on the airing racks as we speak.

All I need to buy for next week is pet food and toilet roll as I have everything else I need and no appointments to attend and the diary is empty so next week has been declared a no spend week. I have pulled all scarfs, gloves, hats, fluffy socks, thermals, and nightgowns out of storage and all we seem to be missing is 1 pair of gloves, 1 scarf, and one hat. Also 1 pair of gloves needs replacing as one of the pair has a big tear in it. I will keep my eyes open for replacements in the charity shops  and Poundland. The electric blankets and extra duvets have stayed in storage as although it is chilly we are not quite at that stage yet.

Tomorrow I will get the clean washing put away and another few loads done and hung on the airers, check how I came in on Octobers budget and move money around accordingly, Check my water meter reading, make some chocolate brownies, and get everything ready for back to school/course on Monday.

I am off to watch old episodes of Doctor Who snuggled up in bed with youngest and middle son.

Until Next Time
Much Love
Maria xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment