Monday 7 November 2016

One Of Those Day's

Hello Readers

Sorry for my little rant early today but I feel so much better now for having a good old moan lol. Shortly after I wrote that post I had a message telling me my mum had been rushed to hospital but no other details. A few frantic phone calls and still I was none the wiser and couldn't get hold of my mum. It was a tense few hours of worrying about mum until I got a text from my sister informing me mum was on her way home and she is OK but has an infection which they have given her antibiotics for and told her to rest phew.

As I knew mum was OK and I could stop worrying I went to Morrison's to get the few bits I needed.....
Toilet roll
Pet food
#30DayFestiveFoodBank items for the week

I also popped to my local little Tesco as they had an item I often buy on offer at 2 for £5 instead of £5.51 for 1. I popped 2 on the counter and they rung up at £11.02. "Well that cant be right" I said. "They are 2 for £5 on your website". The chap behind the till told me "maybe the offer is only valid in the bigger Tesco stores". Huh Tesco's is Tesco's is it not ? Surely their prices should be the same in all of their stores regardless of the size. I will be writing them an email tonight as this is ridiculous if you advertise something for a price then that price should be honored regardless of the size of your store. I will let you all know how I get on.

I picked up some more items for the #30DayFestiveFoodBank today here's what we have so far.....



Please excuse the fur babies bowls and the rock collection lol. We have.....

2 Bags of rice
2 Bags of pasta
3 Packs of noodles
2 Jars of curry sauce
2 Jars of pasta sauce
2 Cartons of orange juice
3 Tins of spaghetti bolognaise
2 Packs of soap (3 bars in a pack)
3 Roll on deodorants
4 Bars of chocolate
3 Tubes of toothpaste

It's not to late to join in the challenge. All you have to do is buy one item for each of the days in November (30 but you can buy more or less as your budget allows all donations are very welcomed). At the end of November pop the items in to your local food bank to be distributed in time for Xmas.

There's a definite chill in the air here tonight so I am off to snuggle up with youngest son under the duvet and watch some old episodes of Doctor Who. Keep warm everyone.

Until Next Time
Much Love
Maria xxx

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are feeling better and that your mum is ok.
    I am sure the assistant in Tesco must have been wrong, if a price is advertised then that should be the price in all Tesco shops. I will be interested to see how they respond to your email.
    Have a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete