Thursday 17 November 2016

Appointments And Yellow Stickers

Hello Readers

Its been a long few days here. I have had appointments coming out of my ears. Optitions, Doctors, Work, Workmen, and Hospital. Tomorrow I have a meeting at the school and then a meeting at home with the disability team. In among these appointments I have been trying to keep the house clean and tidy, see to the animals, look after the kids, sort the washing, declutter upstairs, and finish my Xmas cards. It has been manic and I am completely shattered. I have not had a vertigo attack since last week but with the stress of this week I would not be surprised if I go down with one some time in the next few days. Why is it in the run up to Xmas anyone and everyone decides to give you an appointment ?

Youngest son had his eye test on Tuesday and it appears he is extremely long sighted. He needs to go back on the 2nd of December and have some drops put in to switch off his ability to focus temporarily. His eyes will then be tested again so that they can work out the correct strength of the glasses that he will need to wear all the time. He is also being referred for vision training at the hospital.

Today youngest son had a hospital appointment in the town 3 towns over from us. It is quite a distance and I do not drive due to my Menieres Disease. To go by bus it would have taken 2hrs, 2 buses, and cost £13 (even with little mans disabled bus pass). Also the second bus only runs every 2 hours. I decided to look at trains. I knew there was not very many trains that went there each day so wanted to check the timings. To go by train it meant getting there 2hrs early and having 1 and 1/2 hours after youngest sons appointment. The train would take 15mins and cost just £3.45 (with my friends and family railcard). So I decided to take the train option and find a way to kill the time before and after the appointment. I was supposed to go Xmas shopping tomorrow in the next town but decided to do that today in the 2 hrs before his appointment. It killed the time and now I don't have to go out tomorrow afternoon. I took drinks, food, books, and youngest sons tablet and after our appointment we went for a short walk along the canal till we found a bench to sit on and eat. We sat there for an hour eating and reading before making our way back to the train station and waiting a short while for the train home.

I popped to Morrison's this evening and was able to get the following yellow stickers.....

1 Macaroni cheese ready meal 5p
2 Tagliatelle ready meals 10p
3 Family steak and ale pies 15p
2 Packs of welsh cakes 10p
3 Packs of English muffins 15p
1 Pack of Warburtons thins 5p
2 Loaves of bread 10p

Total yellow stickers 70p

We also bought 2 tins of tuna and 2 tins of chopped tomatoes for the #30DayFestiveFoodBank challenge which brought our total up to £2.56.

My Dad is coming up tomorrow evening for the weekend and the boys are really excited. They always get spoilt when granddad visits lol but then again so do I :)

Right I am off to put my feet up and try not to nod off till the boys go to bed at 9pm although I cant promise I wont lol.

Until Next Time
Much Love
Maria xxx

2 comments:

  1. What part of the country do you live in?
    You sound like me lol I take a huge shopping bag out with us full of drinks, snacks, fruit, breadsticks and a large flask of tea for me :) Us frugals all think alike :)

    Hope meetings go well tomorrow and hopefully the disability team (is it Camhs?) can work with school to help your son.

    Envious of your yellow sticker bargains :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda
    I live in Wiltshire. Its not CAHMS no its a seperate team who are supposed to help both my eldest and youngest son to live as normal a life as possible (I hate that word normal there is no such thing lol). They are meant to help access the right help, support, and services for disabled children across Wiltshire although our current disability worker likes to drag his heels and is as much use as a chocolate teapot lol. Our hospital appointment today was with CAHMS for an initial assessment although they have said he does not meet their criteria. Apparently his behaviors are due to his Autism and ADHD not mental health issues. Like hello I already told you that lol. If you ever find yourself in my neck of the woods give me a shout and I will happily take you yellow sticker shopping with us :)
    Much Love
    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete