Friday 4 November 2016

Daily Savings With A Good Measure Of Fun Thrown In

Hello Readers

A lot to share with you this evening so please bare with me while I have a good old ramble lol.

I took little lady out for her birthday treat today. As well as being known as the yellow sticker queen I am also known as mother earth, a title my best friend gave me almost 16 years ago. I love children they bring me so much joy. I have a natural knack with them. I love them and they love me. I am blessed enough to have 14 little peeps in my life who I would gladly jump in front of a bus for if it meant saving them. I have my 3 biological children, my best friends 7 children, my other best friends 2 children. my goddaughter, and my nephew. I love them all dearly and as honorary Auntie it is my right to spoil them on their birthdays lol. Little lady had a lovely day and we stuck to my budget that I shared with you yesterday aside from a hot chocolate and a pizza slice that cost £2.50 and we gave to a very cold very wet homeless chap.


Here is the 53p Birthday cake I made for little lady.....



Sponge mix 22p (Tesco value)
Egg 1p (Yellow sticker)
Clotted cream 5p (Yellow sticker)
Yellow ready to roll icing 0p (Little ladies mum had some in her baking cupboard)
Pink icing pen 0p (Already had in my baking cupboard)
Haribo sweets 25p (I used half of a bag I picked up for 50p)



I almost forgot, meet Twinkle little ladies newest addition whom she loves and adores and has informed me that she is going to keep forever because its from auntie Maria lol. Little lady loved her day out and her cake and Twinkle so my work here is done till next year lol.


This evening I had to pop to Morrison's for my #30DayFestiveFoodBank item. I decided on a pack of curry flavored noodles today. However as I have had 2 days this week where I have spent a lot (to me) of money I have declared Saturday and Sunday no spend days. As a result of it being a no spend weekend I grabbed 3 packs of curry flavored noodles instead of 1 so I don't have to spend anything but still have my daily food bank item covered.


 I had a look at the yellow stickers whilst I was there (well it would have been rude not to wouldn't it ? lol). Yet again I did very well. We have eaten 90% yellow sticker food this week and with today's finds it has cost me just £8.40. Here's what I got today.....

4 Large bottles of banana flavored milk (2 have gone in the freezer)
3 Packs of pizza pockets (2 have gone in the freezer)
3 Packs of flame grilled ready to eat mini chicken fillets (2 have gone in the freezer)
1 Box of 2 scotch eggs
1 Pack of 2 cheese and ham chicken kievs
1 Large box of mixed ham
2 Packs of munch bunch yogurts
3 Chicken and bacon sandwiches
2 Best Ham and egg stack sandwiches
2 Just ham sandwiches
2 Brunch triple sandwiches
2 Cheese and onion slices
3 Steak and ale pies
2 Chicken and bacon pies
24 Hovis crumpets (12 have gone in the freezer)
2 LED tealights (Halloween ones)
1 Large tube of chocolate writing icing

Total cost £5.04






How do you do fireworks night on a budget Readers ? Here's how I do mine.....

Youngest son can not cope at a display there are way to many people, way to much noise, and strobe lighting (not good when he is autistic, ADHD, and has suspected epilepsy). He has always gone into major meltdown at these events which is not fair on him, me, or his 2 brothers. This year especially with the increase in his absence seizures I put my foot down and said we were not going to the local display. That said we have not missed out. The venue where the fireworks display is held is our local primary school which also just so happens to be right in front of our house lol. As soon as we heard the fireworks start we ran up to my room turned of all the lights and watched the display from my bedroom window. We had a front row view of the display, were nice and warm, and we didn't have to pay the £24 entrance fee that it would have cost for the 4 of us. I have spent £4 on fireworks from Poundland that we will let off in the garden tomorrow evening, 2 colorful fountains and 2 packets of sparklers. We have not missed out on anything and the total cost of our fireworks night has cost me just £4.



I am off for a spot of reading now and to put my feet up after a busy day. If you are having fireworks please be safe always remember your gloves when handling sparklers, observe boundaries at displays, and if you are having a bonfire ALWAYS check that no animals have crawled in for warmth before you light that fire, but above all have lots of fun.

Until Next Time
Much Love
Maria xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment