Sunday 20 November 2016

Sunday 20th November

Hello Readers

Wow last week was such a busy week for me I was fully expecting a vertigo attack but touch wood so far so good. I had a meeting at youngest son's school on Friday morning and it has been agreed that as he is doing so well (other than the blip he had recently) we can slowly start to increase his school day. I have requested that this be done very slowly so that it does not become overwhelming and result in another meltdown. We are going to start by letting him stay for playtime one day a week (a Friday) and slowly increase this. He stayed on Friday and Readers he did amazingly well. We was all ready for a meltdown and I was on the premises ready just in case as it was children in need day and there was almost 300 children in the hall, lots of stalls, and lots of noise. His head teacher popped out at one point to tell me he was being really good and he was very impressed with his behavior. I also inquired about his My Plan and was told that the request has now been submitted and the council has 6 weeks to decide whether or not they will go ahead and start putting one in place for him but his SENCO is optimistic that the draft she has put together is good enough that they will agree so fingers crossed.

I had a meeting with eldest and youngest son's disability worker shortly after the meeting at school and things are progressing with eldest son's move into supported living with 2 of his friends, and we are now just waiting for a suitable house to become available for them. After the blip we had recently with youngest son at school I was really starting to feel a bit low but it appears things are slowly starting to go in the right direction and I am feeling a lot happier about things now.

Friday evening my Dad came to visit for the weekend which we was all really happy about. I needed some cheering up after the week I have had and Dad always knows how to make me laugh. Saturday morning we was treated to one of Dad's legendary fry up's for breakfast. The plan was to take the boys out for the day but middle son went to center parcs for the day to celebrate his best friends birthday, eldest son wasn't that bothered, and youngest son asked granddad if he could stay at home as he wanted to carry on watching his Dr Who DVD's. In the end no one went anywhere and we just had a relaxing day at home lol. Dad put some money on the electric key for me which will save me paying out for electric this week and he gave the boy's £10 each (he always spoils us when he comes down as we only get to see him once every few months). Early evening we went over to my best friends for a roast dinner. Bestie and my Dad get on really well so we always have a roast there when his down. By the time we got home we were all shattered and just went straight to bed lol.

This morning I woke up at 6.30am with a raging headache so got up to take some pain killers and was able to see my Dad off at 7am (his coach was at 7.30am from the next town). Once Dad had gone I decided to go back to bed as all the children were still asleep in the hopes I could sleep off my headache. It didn't work and I have had the damn thing all day :(

Despite having a headache I have managed to push through and get things done in the house. The decluttering is coming along nicely and I only have the kitchen left to do. I have made £20 so far selling off little bits here and there, 3 bin bags of rubbish, and 2 trips to drop bits off to the charity shop on my shopping trolley and the house is looking a lot better and is a lot more organized. This afternoon I went to Morrison's to do my usual yellow sticker shop. Because of this damn headache I was running late and we didn't get there until 3.15pm instead of the usual 3pm and everything had gone. This is almost unheard of, for me to come back on a Sunday without a single yellow sticker item. I certainly don't feel like the yellow sticker queen today lol. I picked up a few bits and pieces that we needed for the week and some pet food and came back home.

This evening we have been over to Besties for tea again, I really have been spoiled this weekend and have not had to cook at all. We had spaghetti bolognaise which was yummy. We are now back home and youngest son is in the bath (he has a fear of showers). Once he has had a good old scrub ready for school in the morning the eldest 2 boys will have a shower each and then it will be early nights for everyone as my head is still raging :(

How has everyone else's weekend been ? Anyone managed to get any good yellow stickers ?

Until Next Time
Much Love
Maria xxx


2 comments:

  1. Put your feet up girl you deserve a rest.
    I didn't go ys shopping today, I really need to empty some freezer drawers ready for Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you I did just that lol. Yes I should really start to make a bit of space in mine as it is jam packed but I just cant resist those yellow stickers lol. Much Love Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete