Tuesday 22 November 2016

Torrential Rain And A Coupon Shop

Hello Readers

Yesterday started with me getting up and getting everyone off to school and then cracking on with the housework. I only have an hour and a half to get things done in the morning before I have to collect youngest son from school as he finishes at 10.45am. We then popped home quickly so I could quickly finish the housework in the half an hour before my dentist appointment. I dropped youngest son at Bestie's on the way to the dentist. I had to have a tooth removed and I am a very nervous patient in fact nervous is an understatement I am terrified of the dentist. When I entered the room I realized it was a different dentist to the one I had seen last time which did nothing to calm my nerves. I needn't have worried she was lovely and knew I have a fear of dentists as it is logged on the system. She took her time, explained everything before she did it, stopped whenever I asked her to, and was generally very kind, caring, and compassionate. It was definitely the least traumatic visit I have had to the dentist to date.

After the dentist I popped to Morrison's  (as its just across the road) to do a coupon shop. I had coupons for the following.....

4x £1 off a carton of Covent garden soup
1x 35p off any 2 liter bottle of soft drink
1x 35p off any yogurts
1x 45p off any pre cooked meat


This little lot cost me just 57p after coupons and 5p of that was for a bag (must stop forgetting to take my own bags).




On the way home I picked up little man from my Bestie, but by the time I got home I resembled a drowned rat (the rain here has been torrential). I put our coats, hats, and gloves on one of the airing racks to dry off as they were wet through. We both got changed into onsie's, snuggled under the duvet and did some work on vikings as that is what he is working on at school at the moment.


Today started how it usually does getting the boys up, ready, and off to school. A bit of housework before picking youngest son up from school and popping to the Bestie's for a bit. I then popped to the charity shops in my tiny little town as I was on the look out for a couple of warm jumpers. I managed to get 2 that fitted the bill one cost £1 and the other cost £2.50 and they will keep me nice and warm. Youngest son bought himself a Pudsy teddy £1.25, and another teddy 30p out of the £10 Granddad gave him at the weekend. He has seen a Tetris game that he also wants to buy but we didn't have enough on us to get that so we will go back for that tomorrow after school. Again by the time we got home we looked like drowned rats lol. We got into our onsie's and did some English and maths. Although youngest son is back in school (went back in June after 2 years home educating) he is on a very restricted timetable 9am - 10.45am. As a result he cant be learning very much so I am asking the school for work I can do with him at home and topping up his education that way so that he is not missing out on as much. For tea we had homemade mini pizza's, homemade chips, and garlic tear and share. Here are the costings.....

Warburtons thins (yellow sticker) 5p
Ketchup (value) 10p
Cheese (savers) 30p
Potatoes (£3 for 12.5kg sack Morrison's) 30p
Tear and share (yellow sticker) 9p

Total cost 84p so 21p each


Anyone else having torrential rain at the moment ? What do you do when you get home looking like a drowned rat lol ?

Until Next Time
Much Love
Maria xxx

3 comments:

  1. Rain didn't stop here all day yesterday!
    Can I ask how to get so many coupons, I love using coupons but haven't come across any for yonks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda thank you for stopping by. There is no quick answer to this question and it warrants a post dedicated to it so I will make tomorrow's post all about how I coupon and get freebies. Much Love Maria xxx

      Delete
  2. Lovely, looking forward to it already :) xx

    ReplyDelete