Saturday 12 November 2016

A Spending Spree

Hello Readers

I am feeling a lot better today. Still a bit wobbly on the old pins but as long as I have someone or something to keep my upright I am pushing through. I have been cooped up in the house for the last 2 days so I decided I was going out today come hell or high water lol. We popped to the library to return some books and DVD's and take out some new ones. I also got my library pin number so that I can now download and read books on my devices at home free of charge. On the way home I popped in to see my friend and borrow her printer to print off a few coupons. I decided to kidnap her youngest son for a few hours and take him into the nearest big town to make use of my coupons and get some Xmas shopping. Bestie's youngest son is the cutest little man you have ever seen. He is 18 months old and always makes me smile :)

What about the No Spend Week ? Well technically I didn't spend any out of pocket money other than £1.41 as I either used coupons or it came out of the Xmas savings envelope, and eldest son came with me and got me on the bus free using his disabled bus pass. So what have I bought today (I have had to use stock photos from the internet as my phone is dead as a doo doo apologies).....


Myself and eldest son each had a coupon for 50p off  a Knorr Naturally Tasty sauce mix. These are currently on offer in Asda for 60p each. After the coupon is applied it drops to 10p each. I got 2 of these for 20p


Myself and eldest son each had a coupon for £2 off a pack of Huggies pull ups. They are currently on offer in Asda for £2 a pack which after the coupon was applied drops to £0.  I got 2 packs of pull ups for free


These are currently free on CheckoutSmart.com 
Both eldest son and I have an account with them both of which are linked to my pay pal address. Its really simple you buy the product, scan a picture of the receipt to them, and they credit your account with the advertised amount of money. These cost £1 in Asda so once I scan in my receipt CheckoutSmart will credit my account with £1 making them free. The only thing annoying about this app is that you have to have a separate receipt for each item you claim the cashback on, and you can only scan in 3 offers per day. The way I see it is if I am getting something for free then I am happy to put a little extra time in by paying for items separately and scanning things in over the course of a few days. Eldest son did the same as me so I got 2 packs of these for free.


I bought 4 of these from PoundLand for the goodie bags I am making up as Xmas presents. £4 out of the Xmas savings envelope.


I bought 1 of these to go in the cupboard towards our Xmas sweets and treats stash. £1 out of the Xmas savings envelope.

I bought 3 of these from PoundLand for the goodie bags I am making up as Xmas presents. £3 out of the Xmas savings envelope.


I bought 3 of these from PoundLand for the goodie bags I am making up as Xmas presents. £3 out of the Xmas savings envelope.


I bought 1 of these to go in the cupboard towards our Xmas sweets and treats stash. £1 out of the Xmas savings envelope.




These retail at £10.69 in Pets At Home. If you joined the VIP club today you received 10% off your 1st purchase and a copy of the VIP magazine which had a £5 Hills voucher that could be used alongside any other vouchers, so I did. I also had a £5 Hills voucher from the manufacturer for registering at their website. 
£10.69 - 10% = £9.63
£9.63 - £5 magazine coupon = £4.63
£4.63 - £5 manufacturer coupon = -£0.37
They could not give me change as I paid with coupons which is fine with me. I got a 1.5kg bag of premium dog food for my little old lady for free :) 


These retail at £2.49 a tin in Pets At Home. They are also on offer at 3 for 2. Eldest son joined the VIP club as well as me today and did the same thing as I did above. We got 7 tins.
7 x £2.49 = £17.43
£17.43 - £4.98 3 for 2 offer = £12.45
£12.45 - 10% = £11.21
£11.21 - £5 magazine coupon = £6.21
£6.21 - £5 manufacturer coupon = £1.21
So I got 7 tins of premium quality pet food for just £1.21  :)



So I got all this stuff for £1.41 out of my purse and £12 out of my Xmas savings envelope. I am a very happy bunny and feel very pleased with myself. I got my little spending spree and only £1.41 left my purse.

Anyway I am off to snuggle up in bed and watch Insurgent (free from the library) whilst eating clotted cream on scones (5p yellow sticker). Have a lovely evening Readers.

Until Next Time
Much Love
Maria xxx

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that is impressive! Well done!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great buys, I had some of the those Knor packs, I have a few emails addresses myself, I also use hubbys and my son lets me use his so I can always get plenty of coupons, sometimes they limit you to how many you can print, we also do checkout smart. All these things all help xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only have the one email address for myself but eldest son has one set up for me also. I may have to set up another couple of email address's to really maximize my savings with the coupons. Thank you for the idea of additional email addresses I hadn't thought of doing that lol xxx

    ReplyDelete