Monday 20 February 2017

Nursing A Broken Heart With A Spending Spree

Hello Readers

Eldest son was up for the weekend and was due to leave on Sunday but decided he wanted to stay for an extra night so left this afternoon instead. It was lovely having him up and even nicer to have him ask to stay an extra night. I miss him terribly. We spent lots of time talking, watching movies together, and on Saturday he took myself and his brothers out for lunch. We have arranged for him to come up again in 2 weeks time for the weekend which gives me time to save his train fare up. If I could afford to I would have him up every weekend but it is just beyond my financial means right now so once a fortnight will have to do until I can get him back up here and into his supported living house. I will be ringing his disability worker tomorrow and chasing it up as I miss my boy so desperately and just want him back home in Wiltshire where I can see him several times a week.

As I was nursing a broken heart I decided to go on a shopping spree to try and make myself feel better. I bought myself 2 pairs of jeans, a black shirt, a thin black jumper, and a nice padded gillet total cost was £2.50 lol. I bet you thought I was going to say a much larger amount than that didn't you ? lol. My local air ambulance charity shop is a little gem for bargains at the best of times but they also occasionally have sales today was any item of clothing for 50p. I also got middle son a lovely Tom Wolfe jacket for 50p and a Burton jumper for 50p. Youngest son got a teddy bear that he wanted for a 20p donation. So in total my spending spree cost me £3.70. I also popped into Morrison's this evening to see if they had any yellow stickers and I managed to get the following items.....

2 Frijj milkshakes 10p
2 Bags of diced swede and carrot 10p
2 Bags of egg noodles 10p
2 Pots of mixed fruit 10p
2 Loaves of bread 10p
6 Finger rolls 5p
6 Crumpets 5p
A family deep fill steak pie 5p

Total 65p


The Bestie brought over the table and chair for me this evening so I now have a little work station in the dining room. This will be used for youngest son's home tutoring and both youngest son and I will share the computer until I have fixed up middle son's old computer for youngest son to have in his bedroom. So what do you think ? This whole set up including the computer cost me just £1 to put together thanks to the generosity of my wonderful soul sister aka the Bestie lol.


Table and 1 chair (Bestie)
Computer (Bestie)
Monitor (spare)
Keyboard (spare)
Mouse (Pondland)
2nd Chair (garden)
Towel covering (towel cupboard)

Total cost £1


Speaking of which I am babysitting for Bestie's 7 beautiful children tomorrow so I better get some sleep.
Until Next Time
Much Love
Maria xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment