Wednesday 1 February 2017

Brighter Days

Hello Readers

Hope everyone is keeping well. The next 2 weeks are going to be incredibly tight here so I am doing everything I can to be ultra frugal and come in, on or preferably under budget. It is one of my little peeps birthdays on Saturday and his mum has asked me to do his birthday cake for him. We have decided to go with a Dora the explorer theme as he loves the tv show. In total the cake will cost me just £5.23 to make and it will be personalized with his name and how old he will be. For a cake like this to be done professionally you are talking around the £40 mark so this along with a Dora DVD will be my birthday present to him. I have 4 bananas way past their best but I am not chucking them, tomorrow they will be turned into 2 banana and blueberry loafs, one for me and one for the Bestie. I still need to get a mouse for the computer Bestie helped me put together but will do that when I am in town on Friday after a meeting I have. I am feeling a lot better now and my chest is finally loosening up again which is such a relief. Youngest son still has his rash but it appears to be drying out now so I am hopeful it will be gone in a day or two. I have eldest son coming to visit on Saturday and he has asked to cook me lunch, anything I want, its his treat, so I am really looking forward to that. I have a pack of 25p sweet micro popcorn in the cupboard and we will watch a movie together on Netflix (currently on a 30 day free trial). I popped to my little local one stop last night about 8pm and was able to grab a few yellow stickers .....


2 Loaves of Hovis 25p each
A bag of frozen prawns 50p
A bag of easy cook veg 25p
A punnet of sweet cherry tomatoes 20p

I absolutely love prawns but never buy them as they are wayyyy to expensive for my budget so when I saw this bag of frozen prawns reduced from £4 to 50p I grabbed them. They have been defrosted, washed, and placed in a bowl in the fridge for me to grab a couple as and when I fancy a few :)


Today I had to go and do my weekly shop which in total came to £13.27 (with yellow stickers). Whilst I was there I managed to get the following.....


8 Pints of whole milk 40p
2 Toffee sundae deserts 58p
2 Cloves of garlic 5p
A ham and cheese toastie 9p
2 Chicken legs 45p
A loaf of bread 15p
6 Free range eggs 29p
A whole extra tasty chicken 99p

We will eat well for pennies again this week thanks to my yellow sticker bargains.

Dinner last night was roast beef, Yorkshire pudding, stuffing, roast potatoes, veg, and gravy total cost was £1.91 so approx 64p each.

Dinner tonight was Beef curry and rice total cost £1.53 so 51p each

Anyway off to bed now readers
Until Next Time
Much Love
Maria xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment