Saturday 11 February 2017

Insomnia, Complaints, And Bargains

Hello Readers

Damn insomnia is keeping me up so I thought I would write a bit of a catch up post before trying to get to sleep again. I am in the process of putting in a complaint to youngest son's previous school as I have now received his draft EHC plan and well let's just say I am far from happy with it. This is a 70 page document and my complaint has to be made to both the school and the SEND department of education. It is going to take a lot of time and hard work to write up these complaints but it's something I must do for my son's sake. I went through similar many years ago with eldest son and trying to get him the right provision to suit his needs but that was years ago and I am older now with less energy and less motivation. For youngest son's sake though I am digging deep and getting on with it. Youngest son will start his home tutoring after the half term and having met with the tutors and visited the building they use for practical lessons such as art and cooking I think this is going to be a good fit for him.

I had a lovely day last week with eldest son. It was just him and myself as youngest son was at respite and middle son had plans to go to the cinema with friends. The original plan was that he was going to cook me lunch at home and then we would watch a film on Netflix and munch on popcorn. Eldest son decided he wanted to take me out for lunch instead which was a lovely treat. We popped into Poundland whilst we was out and they had several items on sale for 50p. My boys love pot noodles but at the usual price I refuse to buy them but at 50p I stocked up and bought 10. I also stocked up on toffee popcorn for 50p a bag and bought 12. I occasionally take the boys to the kids club at the cinema (£2.50 each and I get in free as youngest son's carer). I always take my own drinks and snacks from home so these have been put away and will probably do us popcorn for the cinema for the next 6 months.

Middle son got a postcard in the post from his headteacher praising him for his hard work at school which I thought was rather lovely. Also he finally reached his target amount of savings and was able to buy his dream computer which arrived today. Needless to say I have not seen him all day as he has been in his room playing around with it and getting it all set up how he wants it lol.

It has been a pretty tight week or so here so I have not had any yellow stickers. We have instead been eating down the freezer and store cupboard. Tonight we had steak and ale pie, mashed potatoes, carrots, and gravy. Total cost 47p so about 16p each.

Anyway readers I am going to attempt to get some sleep if I can.
Until Next Time
Much Love
Maria xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment