Monday 13 February 2017

Hidden Treasures

Hello Readers

It has been a nice couple of days here. Yesterday I had my friends little girl for the day and got some jobs done around the house before heading off to messy church. Messy church is a wonderful place for children to learn about god. They start with some games, then a short bible story, then craft activities, and then they have tea. I have taken youngest son a few times and he always enjoys it. It is open to all, not just members of the church and is run completely on donations. I was extremely disappointed to see that out of the ten families that attended on Sunday I was the only one to make a donation. I realize that times are hard for a lot of families but even 50p for 2 hours of fun and food would be something. I myself don't have much in the way of spare cash but I always make a donation as does Bestie when she attends. It surprises me how the church manages to continue with this activity, but somehow they do and I think they should be highly praised for that. This months subject was hidden treasures and youngest son managed to earn himself  9 chocolate coins through games and activities. He also made a crown with jewels out of play dough and decorated a biscuit sandwich with edible hidden jewels in the middle, both of which he was allowed to take home. For tea there was platters of cheese, grapes, cocktail sausages, carrot sticks, cucumber sticks, crisps, crackers, sausage rolls, cakes, and biscuits. Each child also got 2 pancakes each as did the parents. We had a lovely time and look forward to going again next month.

Today I had a dental check up and all was well which was a relief (I have a major phobia of the dentist). I popped into Morrison's afterwards as they currently have Huggies pull ups on special offer for just £2. As I have mentioned in the past youngest son has continence issues and we go through 3 pull ups a day. I always  buy the cheapest pull ups I can but when I see a good deal like this one I like to stock up so I bought 5 packs which will keep us going for the next 3 weeks. I will try and pick up another 5 packs before the offer ends. On the way home I popped into Besties for a catch up. We had a good old giggle and before we knew it 2 hours had passed. Youngest son was very happy that he had got to spend some time with his Bestie and they arranged to meet in animal jam land (a computer game on the internet) when we got home.

For tea tonight we had pork, mashed potatoes, veg, and gravy. Total cost 76p so about 25p each.

Anyway I have a busy day tomorrow so I am off to hit the hay
Until Next Time
Much Love
Maria xxx


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time at 'messy church'. Before I retired (5yrs. ago) I worked for the school board, the last 10 years with autistic kids and kids on the spectrum. Most of the kids had incontinence issues therefore had to wear pull ups all the time. Because they had a diagnosis their doctor could give the parents a prescription for pull ups and they could either claim the cost through insurance or use it as a deduction on income tax. Can you do that? I sure hope so because it gets to be very expensive, as you now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice
    Somebody else mentioned this to me the other day. Apparently here in the UK I can get them for him for free through the NHS and they are delivered directly to the house. He has an appointment with the continence nurse in March so I shall make some inquiries then. Thanks for the advice :) xxx

    ReplyDelete