Friday 17 February 2017

Eldest Son Is Home For The Weekend :)

Hello Readers

The last 2 days here in Wiltshire the sun has been shining and it has actually warmed up a little. It feels like spring is finally on its way and I for one can't wait. I have not had to put the heaters on and I have switched my jumpers to T shirts with a light cardigan or shrug over the top. I love spring, it is my favorite season as its not to cold but not to hot, its just right for me.

Yesterday I gave the house a thoroughly good clean and took a bin bag of bits to the charity shop. Bestie asked if I would mind making her a carrot cake and as I had all the ingredients I needed I said "sure" (my way of thanking her for the "new to me printer" she gave me this week along with lots of spare ink and several DVD's). It was my first time making a carrot cake as myself and the boys don't like it. There's something very wrong about putting a vegetable in a cake in my opinion lol. Having said that I did a pretty good job, it smelt delicious, and if it had not been a gift for the Bestie I would have taken a slice for myself which kind of blows my vegetables being in cake is wrong theory out of the water lol. She has assured me it was delicious and that it is almost gone as her little ones keep pinching a slice lol. I also did a spot of yellow sticker shopping and managed to get the following.....

30 Munch bunch yogurts 25p
A lettuce 5p
A bag of carrot's 5p
6 Bags of apple and grapes 30p
A loaf of bread 5p
8 Cinnamon and sultana muffins 10p
2 Ham and mushroom tagliatelle ready meals 10p
A Chinese pork and egg fried rice ready meal 5p

Total cost 95p

Today I got some housework done before the arrival of eldest son. I get so excited about seeing him. Since he moved out in November I have made a conscious effort to see him every other weekend and save hard throughout the month to help with the cost of his train ticket (£32 with a disabled railcard). We always have a giggle and it is so nice to be able to enjoy each others company instead of having to be the bad guy all the time, telling him off about things. We get on so well now and he has grown up so much since staying at his dad's. I think he finally realizes just how much I used to do for him when he was living at home and he tells me all the time how much he misses me. I miss him terribly but him moving out was definitely the right thing for all of us. This evening we have watched a couple of movies on Netflix and shared a big bag of toffee popcorn (50p from Poundland). Tomorrow he is taking myself and his 2 younger brothers out for lunch and a shake away. This will be a lovely treat for us and certainly not something I could afford to do right now. I am very grateful that I have raised such a sweet, kind, caring young man.

Dinner tonight was chicken nuggets, homemade chips, and spaghetti hoops. Total cost £1.90 so 48p each.

I must start remembering to take some photos from our day for the blog. Anyway off to bed now.
Until Next Time
Much Love
Maria xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment