Sunday 4 December 2016

When A Family Pull's Together

Hello Readers

This weekend I have really felt blessed and loved. Only my family and closest friends are aware that eldest son has moved out as I didn't want to have to deal with the hundred and one questions that I would inevitably get asked until I had come to terms with the move myself. I am slowly getting used to him not being here but then I do talk to him every day lol. I am finding it hard to adjust to the silence, lack of mess, and lack of washing since he left. Everyone keeps telling me to enjoy it and that I have earned a rest and I am sure they mean well but I am finding it all incredibly difficult. My mum, sister, and 2 best friends have been checking in with me and keeping an eye on how I am doing. Youngest son was at respite this weekend so I got to spend some quality time with middle son. Yesterday was our towns annual Xmas street fair and Xmas lights switch on. Middle son and I decided we would attend both events and when we got home snuggle up and watch Xmas movies together. The Xmas fair was not as good as it has been in previous years but none the less it gave middle son and I the chance to get out of the house and do something together.....



This young lady couldn't have been more than 16 years old yet she had a lovely voice.


The local dance troop


The funfair


An old fashioned music machine


Santa's grotto


The high street lights


Library lights


Tree lights



Our little town looks incredibly pretty when you walk down there after dark now. Total cost to me for yesterday was £0. My mum gave middle son £10 to spend and £5 for me and son to have a portion of churros whilst we was there, and my best friend also gave middle son £10 to spend (they both know how incredibly tight things are here now eldest son is no longer contributing and this is their way of helping out as they know I am to proud to accept a handout so by giving middle son spending money it saved me having to do so). After the lights switch on I popped to Morrison's to see if there were any yellow stickers before dropping little O back home (she loves coming for a ride on Aunty Maria's mobility scooter lol. Unfortunately there were no yellow stickers but when we got back to the bestie's to drop little O off the bestie announced she had ordered a take away for all of us. This was a real treat for us and I was very grateful that I did not have to come home and cook. We had pizza, southern fried chicken, chips, and onion rings. We were both stuffed and I thanked bestie giving her a big hug and telling her she really didn't have to buy for us also. Her response was "I know things are hard right now and you are family I didn't want you going home to that cold house without a full belly". When we got home middle son and I put the little electric fire on in my room, snuggled up in bed and watched cartoons for the rest of the night.

Today I have been a busy bee. I had a lie in as youngest son was at respite. After I eventually got up I sorted the house, went to work for 2 hours, went yellow sticker shopping, came home and unpacked, sorted some washing, saw to the animals, did dinner, got the washing up done, got everyone bathed and ready for bed, and am now writing this post before going to sleep myself. I got quite lucky with my yellow stickers today bagging the following bargains.....

850g Grated cheese £1.10
A bag of melon slices 15p
A bag of pears 19p
2 Pots of mixed fruit 30p
6 Tomatoes 15p
A bunch of flowers 19p
4 Chocolate chip panetonne 36p
A tomato flatbread 5p
4 Cheese scones 5p
16 Activia yogurts 38p
A garlic flatbread 9p
A loaf of bread 5p
3 Boxes of 6 eggs 15p

Anyway I am off to bed now Readers. Hope you have all had a productive weekend.

Until Next Time
Much Love
Maria xxx

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you have good, kind friends and family. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very blessed in that respect Debbie. Thank you for stopping by :) xxx

      Delete